Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

My wife is 5 weeks pregnant and she is experiencing very

My wife is 5 weeks pregnant and she is experiencing very painful episodes. She says it is like she needs to go to the loo but can’t. When she does go to the loo the pain seems to ease for a while but keeps coming back throughout the day and night. She also suffers from anxiety. Any advice?
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: It has been going on for the last week. She seems better when she can go to the loo or can release some trapped gas.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Is she constipated?

Does she get cramps or abdominal pains or feels like going to the loo when she eats or drinks anything?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Constipated yes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any advice???

The pain is due to trapped gas in the intestines. It is common for indigestion to occur in early pregnancy and for excessive gas formation in the intestines.

Please ask her to take a medicine called GasX which will help absorb the gas in the stomach and intestines - it s safe in pregnancy.

She also needs to drink at least 7-8 glasses of fluids and walk daily to relieve her constipation.

Please talk to her doctor about a laxative she can use. Lactulose is safe to use in pregnancy.

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need more information
If not, please click on a positive rating ( 5 stars) to leave feedback.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome.