DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have type 2 diabetes. I now have to tingling fingertips,

I have type 2 diabetes. I now have to tingling fingertips, sometimes the feeling is burning. I assume this is nerve damage. The affected areas are redder and one tip burns blue, I want to know if diabetes is a likely cause? And is the damage reversible?
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: one finger tip has been numb for 3 years. I dont know what makes it better. the cold makes it worse.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Rayards. A nerve condition at the back of the neck (near the spine) which has faded away.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Yes diabetes can be a cause of this and it seems like a neuropathic symptoms

You need to have an examination and a nerve conduction study

The extent and type of damage seen on nerve conduction study will tell whether the process is reversible or not

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question

I am available to assist till you are satisfied

If you have received the answer to your satisfaction please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have an a appointment with rheumatoligy but in about 18 weeks. That is too long. However would they undertake the nerve condition study?

No this have to be done by neurology or Physical medicine and rehabilitation

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
could this be realted to the problem with my the nerves around my spine near my neck?

Yes this could be another possibility requiring evaluation with an MRI of the spine