DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am having acute pain in my left foot for about 3 weeks

Good morning, I am having acute pain in my left foot for about 3 weeks now, I have been taking ibobrufin and that seems to ease it . it is not swollen , bruised or discoloured. A woman at work sugessted it was Pulmar fascitis? Forgot how to spell it ! ,anyway I am a 63yr old woman. Any advice would be helpful , doctor is so busy don't like to bother him if I can fix it myself. Many thanks.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Pain of plantar fasciitis is mainly in the heels

It get worse on rest and improve with activity

The treatment for that is non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen and heel pads

It usually ease out with time

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question

I am available to assist till you are satisfied

If you have received the answer to your satisfaction please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The pain seems to be on the top of the foot opposite end to toes so pain is when I bend the foot to walk.

So it is not plantar fasciitis

Can be a pain from joint or tendons in that area

Continue with Ibuprofen and avoid wearing tight shoes

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Would this still come under the planter syndrome ?

No it is not a plantar fasciitis

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Would your advice be to contact my doctor then? As I said the anti inflammatory tablets does ease it.

Ni I would suggest to continue anti-inflammatory for two weeks and apply Capsacin cream over it

It will settle in a couple of weeks and only if it does not then see your doctor