Srividhya V S
Srividhya V S,
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Dr V S Srividhya
103130152

I have a husband who has a fracture in L1 should he keep

I have a husband who has a fracture in L1 should he keep mobile?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: He has been in MAU Derriford for a day they have given him co-codamal and said they will refer him to the fracture clinic in two weeks for another XRAy
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He is a type 2 diabetic and is also constipated but his doctor has givenhim suppositries he has had 1 to date with 4 to go
Hello.
I am Dr VazSV.
I am here to help you
May I know your husband's age please?Does he have severe pain?Any pain killers have been prescribed?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My age is 66
Complete immobility is not needed.. however excessive mobility has to be avoided.
Especially travel should be avoided unless really warranted.Sleeping should be done in a flat position,better on a flat surface or hard bed..coz the cushion effect of the bed can strain the spinal muscles.Physical exercises have to be avoided until the stabilisation of the fracture is done.
Pain killers such as Ibuprofen 200 mg twice a day can be taken to keep the pain under control..Suppositories can be continued till a good bowel motility is established.
I have answered your question to the best of my knowledge.I would be glad to clarify any further doubts.Kind regards-Dr VazSV
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you in getting your doubt cleared.I wish your husband a good recovery and a sound health always.May I remind you to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (and help me get credited for my professional efforts and time).A bonus is highly appreciated with thanks.We can simply continue here until you are satisfied. Please click the reply box to continue.Kindest regards-Dr VazSV