Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I have a lump on the back of my neck that has been getting

I have a lump on the back of my neck that has been getting bigger. I thought at first was a spot because it was red, but I can't see a visible head and upon touching it I noticed the lump extended past the red colouration, almost like a flying saucer. I am a smoker so I am worried that it could be something cancerous.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm twenty and I keep relatively fit. I smoke about ten to twelve rolled cigarettes a day
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've paid €46 for this can you please give me and answer. I'm really worried
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Oh and I noticed the lump today, but it was smaller

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Can you post a photo?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Here

I am typing out a reply and will get back to you in about 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, please ignore it, as that is an automated site trigger.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No problem, thank you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It says I got a response but I don't see one

This is a boil - n infection of the hair follicle. Since the follicle and the surrounding tissues are inflamed and enlarged, you can feel the bump below the skin extending out from the red spot.

Please apply a warm pack ( face towel wrung out in hot water will do) for about 5 minutes. Dry of and apply Triple antibiotic ointment. Motrin tablets taken twice daily will help decrease the inflammation. These are available without a prescription at any medical store.

You should see the lump clearing up in about 3-4 days.

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need more information
If not, please click on a positive rating ( 5 stars) to leave feedback.