Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My son is 16 months old and has teeth coming through. He's

My son is 16 months old and has teeth coming through. He's had Calpol for other teeth but these seem worse. I was wondering if there is anything else I can give him to help
Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: There is no swelling but his cheeks look like he's been slapped. I haven't taken him to the dentist yet. He seems a bit young and I think he'd probably bite them
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No otherwise he's perfectly healthy

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You can give him Advil or Ibuprofen syrup as it would relieve inflammation and pain.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have already tried ibuprofen

Thanks for the reply.

Massage his gums, give him something cold to chew especially before bed time, Give Calpol and Ibuprofen alternating with each other every 8 hourly when he is very irritable. Try gripe water as well.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
He doesn't like gripe water he spits it out but I'll see if I can get him to.take.it with water

Tey to mix it with water and give him a moist cloth dipped in cold water to suck.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thank you

My pleasure.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars.

Best wishes.