Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I am diabetic. This past week I cannot stop shaking and am

Hello I am diabetic. This past week I cannot stop shaking and am always cold. I am tired most of the time.
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: I don't have a fever. Ihave tablets for high blood pressure and tablets to help with the diabetes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have leaking leg ulcers & swollen legs and ankles
Hi. Sorry about your problems. Let me ask some questions. How,old are you?
How,long have you been diabetic?
Have you contacted your doctor with these symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am 69 and have been type 2 diabetic for 12 years and used insulin 2x a day for 6 years. I have not contacted a doctor.
Are your legs very swollen? Is there redness in the legs? Is there a lot of fluid weeping from the legs?
you still have the shaking?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
redness in legs and fluid enough to soak tights/socks. I still have the shaking and feel cold. Hands very cold but everyone coming into room comments on how hot it is.
I’m concerned that you have cellulitis. That’s an infection of the skin . Diabetics often don’t get fever with skin infections. You need to see a doctor immediately. You should go to the hospital. Your legs are infected and causing the redness and the chills. You need antibiotics for the infection. If you don’t it treated now, this can lead to blood poisoning.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you I will ring my doctor now
Please call him now. I’m very concerned about your legs being infected.
I hope I’ve help direct you. Please rate my answers with the stars on your screen. I need that for feedback and credit.