Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have some kind of “sore” on the top of my index toe. I’m

Hi. I have some kind of “sore” on the top of my index toe. I’m looking for some help in advising what to do to treat it.
Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It is sore to the touch. I thought it was rubbing of my shoe but appears not.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. “Fit” and healthy

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Can you share a picture of that area?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you. I have tried to “squeeze” it thinking it was some type of spot. But just returned. Thanks Daniel

Is that hard or soft?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’d say more soft than hard.

For how long exactly you have this? Do you have any diagnosed medical problem?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Maybe 3/4 months. No diagnosed medical problem.

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know. Regards

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. First of all, I would like to tell you that it is not normal for a wound to stay like this for 4 months. Ideally, if a lesion is there for more than 2 months, it is mandatory to take its biopsy. It can be a cyst at this location. Cysts at these areas occur secondary to blockade of the sweat glands or it can be a hair follicle infection like MRSA. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned, you can apply Neosporin ointment on the area and apply Bandaid tightly on it. Keep doing this till you see your doctor. In between bandaid, soak your foot daily in water tub with some Epsom salt in it. Don't worry, you are going to be alright but you should try to follow my advice as what I have told you is a standard medical protocol in such cases. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Anything else you want to know? My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards