Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have what feels like a very tiny lump that I feel

I have what feels like a very tiny lump that I feel sometimes. It seems to be floating in my breast sort of. Not too heavy. No changes in breast size or shape or anything. But, I do have itchy nipples. Are any of these course for concern.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: I can’t place the time exactly. I want to say not too long. But I have the vaguest memory of the lump having been there ages ago & then disappearing. For the itching only a short while. When my skin is dry it’s worse. Actually when my skin is dry most of my body itches. Which is why I didn’t think much of it. I just figured I have dry nipples. And it does help to put some body moisture on
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing that comes to mind. I don’t get sick much. Outside of allergies and chicken pox I’ve never been terribly ill.

Hello , i am Dr Saleem . Welcome to JustAnswer . I will be answering your shortly

Well there is almost nothing in your description that would sound alarming to me . Fibrocystic breast disease, commonly called fibrocystic breasts or fibrocystic change, is a benign (noncancerous) condition in which the breasts feel lumpy. Another possibility is fibroadenoma . Both are completely harmless or benign . Do not transform into a cancer .

Itchy nipples is nothing specific for cancer so just relax. In case you notice any change in size , shape , appearance of breasts or the lumps go on becoming bigger or you get lumps in your armpits or you get discharge from nipples -its time to seek advice .

Wish you all the best .

Please do remember to reward credit for the consult by leaving a positive rating.

Stay blessed,

Best regards,

Dr Saleem