wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

After getting my BCG vaccination 8 years ago, it

After getting my BCG vaccination 8 years ago, it spontaneously started to swell, and is now warm to touch and appears red. I've previously in the year been monitored for very high platelets, and I'm going for a bone marrow biopsy and aspiration in a few weeks. Should I be concerned about the recent inflammation of BCQ scar?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I've been very stressed in the past couple of weeks

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

There is no need to be worried about the recent inflammation of your BCG scar.
It has nothing to do with anything....

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you very much for responding, would stress or an allergy reaction be a cause for the inflammation so?

Yes. Either of those minor things could cause the inflammation.

It is not a sign of anything horrible.

You are OK.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS