Srividhya V S
Srividhya V S,
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Dr V S Srividhya
103130152

Over the last 8 weeks or so ive been getting pain while

Hi, over the last 8 weeks or so ive been getting pain while passing urine and sharp pains on the right hand sideof my stomach... i was originally worried it could be a sti so got checked which came back negative.. not went to the doctors due to embarrassment to be honest. Read up on things like uti's just wondering the best course of action
Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No nothing at all to trigger anything
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Pain is sore around urine.. and stomach pains are mostly when im doing nothing
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Had a sti a few years back but that was treated at the time
I am Dr VazSV.
I am here to help you
May I know your age and gender please
Any family history of kidney stones?Any change in colour of the urine?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Male 32
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No family history that i know of
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah the urine is alot darker. Almost cloudy as if im dehydrated constantly
I would suggest you to get a urine complete examination , dipstick and a culture done.Please take a lot of water and citrus juices to alkalinise the urine so that any infection in the terminal part gets washed off.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also getting a small bit of discharge in the mornings. Hence why i thought it might be sti related
Please consult a physician and get your genitals examined after the reports
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can i get a home test or need to go the gp
An ultrasound abdomen might be warranted based on these.The decision on antibiotic has to be made after the reports.A blood pressure also has to be checked compulsorily to rule out any nephritis as you have mentioned regarding dark colour urine
A home test will do for the initial part of urine examination but it would be a complete check if you are examined by your physician
I have answered your question to the best of my knowledge.I would be glad to clarify any further doubts.Kind regards-Dr VazSV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you have any indications of what it may be
The possibilities are
1. Local urethritis2.cystitis ( bladder infection)3. Nephritis ( urinary infection of the kidney)
The last possibility of course can be STD
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As i said i was checked for that and came back negative. My girlfriend is also pregnant and has been tested which came back negative of her end aswell
Then you need not panic.
It might be a straightforward urinary infection or acidic urine..An ultrasound abdomen will rule out any presence of stones
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for ur help
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you in getting your doubt cleared.I wish you a good recovery and a sound health always.May I remind you to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (and help me get credited for my professional efforts and time).A bonus is highly appreciated with thanks.We can simply continue here until you are satisfied. Please click the reply box to continue.Kindest regards-Dr VazSV