How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Srividhya V S Your Own Question
Srividhya V S
Srividhya V S,
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 236
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Dr V S Srividhya
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Srividhya V S is online now

I have lung cancer adenocarcinoma or something like that

This answer was rated:

Hi I have lung cancer adenocarcinoma or something like that Stage 4 Since 2009 I'm a woman 34
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: I am treated at the Royal Marsden What d you mean personal record/
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am now on brigatinib
I am Dr VazSV.
I am here to help you.
I completely understand your concern and I empathize with you.Please let me know in what way I can help you further
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi I have stage 4 lung cancer adenocarcinoma since 2009.
Currently treated with Brigatinib.I know I can't get pregnant, I know i can't stop the treatment to harvest eggs, I can't adopt because I have cancer and have been for the last 10 years...I would like to know if my egg nucleus is intact or affected by my treament?
How long have you been going for the IVF therapy?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I haven't had IVF therapy
That's the whole point I can't because of my treament, and I can't stop the treatment.
I would suggest you to consult a gynecologist who specialises in IVF and discuss regarding the study of the egg status. There are microscopy methods which can visualise the viability of an egg and also assess the fertility status of it.Additional hormonal assays such as LH FSH levels have to be measured.
A hysteroscopy would also be useful in assessing the internal status of the uterus and its receptivity for an implant of embryo.An ultrasound abdomen will help in assessing the ovarian integrity and tube patency
I have answered your question to the best of my knowledge.I would be glad to clarify any further doubts.Kind regards-Dr VazSV
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you in getting your doubt cleared.May I remind you to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (and help me get credited for my professional efforts and time).A bonus is highly appreciated with thanks.We can simply continue here until you are satisfied. Please click the reply box to continue.Kindest regards-Dr VazSV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry Srividhya but you're completely off topic.
Again I can't get pregnant I'm undergoing chemotherapy with no view to stop the treatment.I would like to know if my egg nucleus are intact or affected by my treament?
Ie could I look at 3 person baby, using my egg nucleus and a donor mitochondria?Thanks,
I am sorry that my answer was not helpful.
But as I have mentioned, the nuclear status of the egg can be judged only by special electron microscopy techniques done exactly at the time of ovulation.
This can be possible only by a specialist in ovum study and retrieval
There are no blood tests or other diagnostic procedures which can help you in this issue.
Srividhya V S and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you