Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I wanted to enquire for a friend about something, basically

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i wanted to enquire for a friend about something
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: basically my friend hes 19, and since March hes been having really itchy skin, so he will sleep at night and within his sleep he will itch and he will wake up with itch marks. He has been to the doctors and first they thought maybe he ithches due to the dandruff in his hair, but after that cleared up he was still itching. He changes his sheets regular and ensures his nails are short as well but nothing seems to be working. He used an Aveeno moisturiser for hydrating skin, but hes been using that before March, but his itching has been worse. It does not happen during the day it is only at night and because of his skin issues hes feeling quite down. Is there any other solutions he could do?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: He has tried so many things, but the itching is the same, it goes down for a little bit but it flares up again and he isnt concious of when he itches at night
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: there is nothing to be honest
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thats fine thank you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi, I accidently pressed call me when my computer jammed, is the transaction still going to go through

It sounds like he is suffering from scabies which is a mite infestation causing severe itching, especially at night. I would suggest using permethrin 5% cream or lotion available OTC and follow the directions. After applying the cream and taking a bath change all the bed linen, clothes and wash and dry them properly.

If he has already been through this treatment then he should get his blood tested for liver and kidney functions as well as issues with these organs can also cause itchy skin.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I will speak to him now about it, is this cream avialable to be purchased from the pharmacy
and is it a good cream and ensures good results, hes been suffering for a while now and he wants a treatment which will help

Yes, he can purchase it from the pharmacy. Tell him to ask for scabies treatment and pharmacist would help him.

It has good results.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
is it suitable for the face, as he only has itching only on the face
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you for all the help, i will give you good ratings

Yes, it can be applied on face but avoid eyes.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thats fine, i will go get it from the chemist now, and I will updates yourselves, how long is it before results can be seen

It should be seen after first application.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thats fine hopefuly i can message tomorrow and let yourselves know of the result

Alright.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
i just hope it works
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you and i will do now

My pleasure.