Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Ravoof, I need advice about my 2 years old daughter. She

HelloCustomerI need advice about my 2 years old daughter. She woke up crying and said ‘head’ along with other things that I didn’t understand. She went back to sleep after I held her. This happened last week as well but husband says her head was against the mesh sides of her cot so he thinks that is why she might have said ‘head’. Both times she either went back to sleep within minutes or woke up and behaved normal. Do you think she might be having headaches?When I search about it online, it shows information about brain tumours and it is not helping at all as my anxiety reaches its peak point.Can you help?

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

I don't think that she is having a headache. It is likely true what your husband has interpreted this to mean and that is her head was against the mesh sides. If she had a headache she would have touched her head and cried instead of saying "head". Also, she would have said "pain" or it hurts if she was having discomfort. Another good point that rules out a serious cause is the absence of other symptoms such as vomiting and also the fact that she is eating and playing normally and there is no disruption in her routine. Another fact is that a serious cause will not cause such intermittent symptoms occurring irregularly once every week but would cause almost daily symptoms which are progressively worsening. You can safely relax and there is no need to worry about this. She is not having a headache.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I believe she wouldn’t go back to sleep in minutes as well. Am I correct?

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the headache would have made it very difficult for her to fall asleep so soon.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sometimes I just find it hard to control my anxiety unless the advice is directly from a medical professional. Thank you so muchCustomer

You are very welcome!

I completely understand and I am very happy to help. Thank you very much!