Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I have a bump on my glans that doesn’t go away. I have not

Hi I have a bump on my glans that doesn’t go away. I have not been to the doctors for this. I don’t have any pain nor itch
Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I don’t have pain
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I don’t think so

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

If you don’t mind, it really would help a great deal of you would kindly post some pictures of the area for me to review.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hey Dr. Ben how are you doing today? Just want to let you know I have images as well regarding my question

Brilliant, please go ahead.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I

Thank you, that’s really helpful.

Can you tell me anything more about it? - How long, any changes since onset, itch/soreness/discharge, anywhere else, any treatments so far?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I’ve had it for quite some time for sure more than 3 months. I can’t really recall I’ve had itch symptoms but I noticed that was more when I would groom down there in that area. No soreness nor crazy pain. Discharge somewhat of a feeling but nothing coming out. It’s a single bump I noticed one appeared but disappeared on its own. And no I have not done no treatments

Thanks again.

It’s a little difficult to tell from the photo - is the surface of the lesion completely shiny/smooth or is there any bumpiness (even if very subtle)?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
It’s kind of hard to tell from my end cause it looks pretty small but it looks pretty smooth but my glans is pretty bumpy since I can remember

Okay, no worries.

Like you say, the lesion is very small so difficult to be 100% sure especially from a photo. However, I suspect it is a very small/early genital wart. Should be easy to treat with the application of some imiquimod or podophyllotoxin from your local sexual health clinic. Best to use condoms in the meantime.

Does this help?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Out of curiosity. This is my own like opinion you can say but it wouldn’t be fordyce spots?

I think it’s less likely due to the appearance/location, but like I say, it’s difficult to be 100% sure based on the photo (though they are good quality - thank you). Always best to err on the side of caution, so would still recommend assuming it is a wart for now.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok thank you for your time Dr. Ben

You’re most welcome, all the best.