Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I recently started taking Sertraline but I have been very

Hi there, I recently started taking Sertraline but I have been very shakey, I have been sweating quite a bit too, feeling very tired and getting headaches. What should I do?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: daily and I am not too nauseous. I was nauseous the first day but now I just feel a little sick and tired but very shakey
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

How old are you? Why did you start Sertraline? What was the dose that you started with?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, I am 23. I started on Tuesday this week. I started taking it for Depression and anxiety and at 50mg

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

You should consult your doctor about this. You may need to start at a lower dose of 25 mg to minimize these early side effects that occur commonly. After a week or two with 25 mg, you can then increase to 50 mg. These are early transient side effects and are not worrisome. To prevent them your doctor needs to change the dose and advise you to start with 25 mg.

Does this make sense to you? Please reply.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
makes sense. Do you think I should stop taking them until I can see my doctor?

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

If you are having these severe side effects which are making you very shakey then you should call your doctor and fix an early appointment. You may decide to discontinue if the side effects are severe and if your depression and anxiety are not severe. But if you have severe depression and anxiety then please continue taking them if the side effects are mild.