How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hasan Your Own Question
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10165
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Hasan is online now

For 5 years now my right eye waters as soon as i leave my

This answer was rated:

For 5 years now my right eye waters as soon as i leave my house. It sounds so trivial but i am a makeup artsist/retail assistant and my makeup needs to look good. It is ruined every day and for big events like weddings. It will dry up but can come back again throughout the day. My left eye has never had this problem so it can't be an allergy to my makeup! My GP doesn't want to know. Tells me to clean with baby shampoo and put drops in. Ive tried everything.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: vision is fine. My eyes get cloudy before bed but i put that down to wearing makeup all day and tiredness
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you press the corner of your right eye on the side of the nose, does this causes watering of the eye?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.

Do you get itching in your eye? Have you been seen by an eye specialist?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No itching. It is uncomfortable when it waters. I haven’t seen an eye specialist as my GP thinks it’s a common problem. Just dry eyes. I worry that it’s a blocked tear duct

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know. Regards

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes, this is a blocked tear duct. Symptoms in one eye can never be due to the allergy. You should see an eye surgeon and he will do the syringing of the tear duct to check its patency. Syringing might fix the tear duct problem and if it doesn't, then he can perform an endoscopic surgery to open it up and it will fix the problem. I myself do this procedure and I reassure you that once fixed, you are going to be alright. Putting drops is never going to fix the problem. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Ok. Thank you for your help.

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Dr. Hasan and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

You can click the stars on this page to rate the answer. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards