How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 54917
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

Intimate health Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this

This answer was rated:

Intimate health
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: BV cream
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
What's your question please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was suffering with discharge and took a self test which told me it was BV, since taking the cream by discharge has decreased but my virginal area is really sore ?

What cream did you use?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Imagine attached

Got it--thanks

And what test did you take?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the canisten self test


Most likely this is still a yeast infection and not BV

You can use over the counter Monistat 7 or Lamisil to clear it up

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, is a thrush and BV the same thing? And I will I be able to take that today even though I’ve been taking the BV cream?

No they aren't the same thing but you can use the Monistat 7 or the Lamisil now

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What causes a yeast infection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I not need antibiotics?

They're very common in women and it's also called vaginal candidiasis

But you don't need antibiotics for this--just the Monistat or the Lamisil

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I buy this in the supermarket?


Dr. Chip and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.