Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

My wife is having serious pain around glands areas. Neck,

Hi my wife is having serious pain around glands areas. Neck, armpits, groin.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: Also pains down her arms and backs of legs.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She has has bloods done but all come back clear. She has serious fatigue and is having night sweats. Doctors seem to think she's fine but I fear a lot worse. She is 3e years of age
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
At first doctor thought it was a virus. This was 7 weeks ago. She is getting progressively worse every day

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Its reassuring that her blood results came back normal. Sometimes, post-viral illness Fatigue is severe and can persist for up to 6-8 weeks.

This syndrome is characterized by severe fatigue, lethargy, widespread aches and pains, and sleep problems.

I would wait at this point, as she has been examined and evaluated by the doctors recently, and also the labs are normal.

But if this persist beyond another week or two she would definitely need further investigations/evaluation.

Her ESR/CRP should be checked (these are markers of inflammation) and should be normal now after the infection has gone. If they are still high; it means there is some inflammation in the body and in that case source should be identified and treated.

I would also suggest an ultrasound of both axilla, and groin to see if there are enlarged lymph nodes.

If there are; she would require further imaging in the form of CT scan of the body to identify any other areas of body having enlarged lymph nodes, which would need biopsy for a definitive diagnosis.

Her vitamin D levels should also be checked. Sub-clinical (with out any symptoms) Vitamin D deficiency is very common and manifests usually in the presence of an acute illness like infection.

For the time being, Rest, Ibuprofen/Paracetamol, good hydration, and healthy balanced diet, preferably fruits and vegetables should be helpful.

Honey water (has lot of anti-inflammatory effect) is also helpful.

Was that helpful?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you doctor. This was helpful.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question. Bonus always helpful.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.