Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I bought a private blood test to determine whether or not i

I bought a private blood test to determine whether or not i have herpes. i was advised to take the acyclivor medication so i was symptom free. my results have come back negative. I am worried that this is not a true result.
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: blood
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not really. I had unprotected sex and then the partner told me he had herpes but it wasn't active. six months later i had a minor outbreak of itchy spots in the public hair area. i have had several outbreaks of itchy spots on my body.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Please upload the test result? After how many months of sex was this test done?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Negative for herpes 1 and 2 about 10 months after the contact

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

If the test was done at a reputed lab then it is trustworthy and taking acyclovir medication will not affect the result and the result can be considered to be truly negative. You can safely relax. Herpes normally causes blisters which later turn into painful sores/ulcers. I don't think that you are suffering from herpes. Please don't worry about this.

Does this make sense to you? Please reply.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you very much - I am truly happy but I am also very confused - I have something - what could it be ?

Dear customer,

You are very welcome!

So, if you have this itchy spots on different locations of your body and not only in the genital region then this is not due to an infection or sexually transmitted disease. The most possible and likely cause is an allergic condition. You may be allergic to something (food or environment) and this is causing such recurrent itchy lesions. Another possibility is a fungal infection that can occur due to excessive sweating and is not sexually transmitted.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Really? Ok thank you I will go to my gp to try and investigate

You are very welcome!!

Your decision and further action are correct and your GP should consider an allergy or a fungal infection.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Well I really really hope you are right - thank you very much

You are very welcome!
Thank you very much!!