Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I’m a type 1 diabetic and I’m bloated with everything I eat

I’m a type 1 diabetic and I’m bloated with everything I eat anything I also I’m suffer with pain in the right side of my stomach and kidneys I’ve had 9 paracetamol and 13 ibuprofen and nothings working what’s the best advice
Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: Since Friday but it gets worse everyday and nausea
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: To do with my kidneys but not sure what it’s called I’ve had it since I was a baby

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please can you give me some advice

Your symptoms are consistent with gastritis.

This is a common condition where the stomach becomes inflamed and typically will cause discomfort, bloating, nausea, getting full easily etc.

Various factors can bring it on/make it worse including alcohol, nicotine, stress, illness and certain medications (notably Ibuprofen and similar).

It normally responds very well indeed to effective antacid medication. I recommend obtaining some Esomeprazole 20mg and taking this twice daily for 2 weeks, then once daily for a further 2 weeks. This can be prescribed by your GP or obtained over the counter from the pharmacy without prescription (also online such as this).

Does this help?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It’s been going on for a couple of weeks now and the gp aren’t doing anything
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Even one bite of toast makes me bloated and have type 1 diabetes

Just follow the advice above and I’m sure you will feel better very soon.

Is that okay?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Were r u from

I am a practicing GP in Manchester, UK.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can’t have tablets cause my parents don’t trust me as I’ve recently had an overdose
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you know where Stalybridge is

Yes, I know Stalybridge.

Can I ask how old you are please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
19 I just didn’t know where you are from
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I though you was on the other side of the world

That’s fine, I just wanted to double-check the dosage advice I had given (in case you were younger than I had assumed).

Hopefully your parents will be happy to supervise this treatment for you. This medication is very safe.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’ve had it before I also had 9 paracetamol and 14 ibuprofen

No problem, should work well if you take it following the above regime (and don’t take any more Ibuprofen).

All the best.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.