Cosmetic Doctor
Cosmetic Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Has been serving the Beverly Hills community for over 10 years.
21747962

I fell and landed on my right knee and the top of my right

I fell and landed on my right knee and the top of my right foot, to the right side. There is a large bump now which hurts to the touch. There has been considerable pain. What do you advise? Thank you very much
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Being off my feet (am lying down now) helps, and sadly there is significant swelling.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, thankfully!

How old are you please? When was the fall? Where is the swelling? Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
62, on the stairs at home, the swelling is in my right foot, at the spot where my 130 pounds ended up landing!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, can't do that. If you could give me some basic ideas about handling the situation that would be great

How long ago was the fall? Just today? Can you send us a pic from your foot? Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
indeed, it was just two hours ago. Am taking the photo now

OK

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't see where to attach the picture!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
found it

You may ask the administrator for help. In general my thoughts, considering your history and symptoms, is that there unfortunately is a good chance you may have fractured a bone in your foot.

Is the bump very tender to touch as well? Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
quite tender, alas

Thanks for the info. So I recommend getting examined by your doctor and possibly obtaining an X-ray to rule out a fracture.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Many thanks! Appreciate it. What would be the incontrovertible symptoms if I had broken it?

Immediate swelling and tenderness which you're experiencing. Thanks and Good Luck. Also please give me a 5 star rating if satisfied.