Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I feel nauseous 24/7, I feel sick if I dont eat - then feel

Customer Question

I feel nauseous 24/7, I feel sick if I dont eat - then feel sick when I do eat...
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes I have been going to my GP for a year. Had an endoscopy (all clear) and a barium swallow (all clear) and my bloods have been tested (all clear). I take prochlorperazine for sickness
Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: No. And bloods and stool tests
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service.
It sounds like youre looking for a better solution to the problem and that you are frustrated. You might want to ask your Dr about metoclopramide. This is a medication that helps with propelling food through the stomach. It may be helpful in diabetic patients with stomachs that are “paralyzed” I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what do you think it could be?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 months ago.
Diabetic patients can acquire gastroparesis or “paralysis” of the stomach
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Im not diabetic?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 months ago.
Oh my! I see that now. The above medication is still an option but does not solve the problem. Have you had an ultrasound of a ct scan. With symptoms for a year that should be the next step.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No Ive not! I’ll request that, thanks. What would an ultrasound or CT scan show that an endoscopy did not?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 months ago.
most definitely. The endoscopy only shows what is inside. I would consider asking for ct scan