Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I went to work on Friday and felt unbalanced on feet moving

Customer Question

I went to work on Friday and felt unbalanced on feet moving to one side to another doctor rang me and said its vertigo but my ears are ok but ive been sick
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: my ears are fine its just my balance
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Do you feel spinning sensation while having this balance problem or you just feel unsteady? Any ear ringing ore decreased hearing?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
unsteady no ear problems

Have they checked your blood pressure?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
its fine its just when I start walking I cant go in a straight line

Please wait, I am typing an answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am off work with it as im afraid I will fall but going to see my doctor again tomorrow

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Dizziness or imbalance comes from three systems of the body mainly. Ears, Heart (including blood pressure) and Brain. Spinning is quite characteristic for ear disorders but as per your symptoms, this is not your case for sure. Unsteadiness is characteristic of heart and blood pressure disorders. Feeling dizziness while standing from a sitting position or when rising from reclining position goes towards heart and blood pressure disorders. Brain disorders can cause both spinning and unsteadiness. Not being able to walk in a straight line can also be related to the brain. I would strongly suggest you to go the A & E and get yourself evaluated. You may need a brain scan and EKG to get to the cause but I can reassure you being a specialist in dealing with the balance that ear is not your cause. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Have you been able to read my answer above?

Anything else you want to know? My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards