Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am wanting to apply for my license following a drink

Customer Question

I am wanting to apply for my license following a drink driving ban but understand I need to pass a medical first where they do tests to establish if you are a heavy drinker
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I am currently working on dramatically reducing my alcohol in take
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: how long will it take for my body to be ok to pass the medical please
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I haven’t seen a doctor I have paid £5 to ask you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please just send me a refund
This is a joke service
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. It sounds like you want some information on passing the test. Do you know what type of test it is?
EtG and EtS are direct minor metabolites of ethanol and are considered good markers of acute, short-term (up to 36 hours in the blood, up to 5 days in urine) alcohol ingestion. 5 Sensitivity is highest in heavy drinkers, but wanes after 24 hours and with lower doses. 5 Results do not accurately correlate with amount or frequency of ethanol use.
CDT, an indirect metabolite of ethanol, is a serum marker of long-term, heavy alcohol use (≥40 g/day for up to 2 weeks) or relapse. CDT generally correlates well with an individual’s drinking pattern, especially during the preceding 30 days, 5 and is most useful for long-term abstinence monitoring.Factors affecting CDT levels include body mass index, female sex, and smoking. 5 CDT testing cannot be used in individuals suspected of having congenital glycosylation disorders.
PEth is a direct ethanol metabolite and is used to detect longer term exposure (up to 4 weeks). Because blood PEth levels are closely correlated with alcohol consumption, PEth testing can be used to monitor alcohol consumption, identify early signs of harmful alcohol consumption, and track cases of alcohol abuse or dependence. 5
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That is no help at all
I needed specific advice not some general advice you cut and pasted from google
Please refund me my £5 and confirm my useless subscription is cancelled
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What are all the 5’s for
Very confusing
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 months ago.
Sorry. I am unsure how those 5s show up. I cant give you specific advice if you dont know what test you will be doing. Do your know?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just give me a refund please
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 months ago.
Ok sure. You need to contact customer service please
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can’t as I will be out of the country
Please arrange
You have wasted my time
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 months ago.
I’m sorry. I cant help you. The experts are users of the site like you are. You have to contact customer service. I’m sorry you feel your time was wasted but nobody can give you the answer you are looking for if you do not know the test.