wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have a dental question, are you able to help with this?

Customer Question

Hello, I have a dental question, are you able to help with this?
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have seen my dentist recently and a doctor at hospital yesterday, I am currently taking Amoxicillin and Diclofenac
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have recently had a root canal 3 days ago, I am now experiencing extreme pain. I went to a hospital yesterday who prescribed amoxicillin and I’ve been taking Ibuprofen regularly. I have woken up today and there is no change to the pain and now my face has swollen. Can you give me some advice on what could help?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

You should go back to the A&E as it seems that you might have an abscess with the infection spreading.
Another, and better option, would be to call your DDS and have her take a look at you

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS