How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 14184
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Medical Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

I keep experiencing swelling around my eyes and redness in

Customer Question

Hi, I keep experiencing swelling around my eyes and redness in my face and neck. It often happens in the morning after I’ve been asleep and the swelling in my eyes takes a few days to go down each time. It seems just like an allergic reaction however I’m worried there is an underlying medical issue. I suffer from eczema already.
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

how old are you?


Can you upload a picture?

Any other symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Female. 20 years old. Other symptoms apart from the swelling around my eyes is very red face and very itchy and hot skin on face and body. I suffer from eczema already and am on the combined contraceptive pill for a year now. I take antihistamines most days (zirtek) although they never seem to make any difference. I cannot upload a photo as the swelling has gone down over the last day and my skin is gone back to normal. This problem has been continuously affecting me every few weeks for the past 4/5 months.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

I would not rush into blaming this on some underlying medical condition other than allergies.....

So. What should you do?

At this point I suggest you consult will an allergy specialist. After examining you she will probably do some blood work and even start allergy testing on your back.

Once these data are available a directed treatment plan can be instituted, perhaps even with a program of desensitization to some of the things you are allergic to.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS