the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

I have a known weakened immune response to the HPV virus

Hello, I have a known weakened immune response to the HPV virus which means most of my life (I am now 61) I have had troublesome verrucas that at times have covered my entire foot. I was given Tigason many years ago and am reluctant to go down that route but currently have a large area on one foot which is spreading rapidly. Is there a way of boosting my immune system to help it get on top of this, and if so who could I go and see. I am prepared to travel (I live in SE England) quite a distance as I am fearful of things getting out of hand again. Many thanks
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: I have recurring UTIs needing repeated antibiotics though otherwise am in good health. I think the verrucas may have spread after a stressful period in my life but can't be sure - otherwise there is no obvious explanation or change
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had lyme disease which took many years to diagnose and treat. I went to the USA for long term antibiotic treatment (3 years) but treatment stopped 18 months ago and I seem OK now. I had parotitis 15 years ago and blood tests showed no change in my white cell count despite obvious infection leading to cellulitis in my face and 8 days of very strong IV antibiotics

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

what about paying privately for the HPV vaccine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
which vaccine would you recommend in this case?
Gardasil

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)