wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have MAST CELL ACTIVATION DISEASE (diagnosed in 2017)

I have MAST CELL ACTIVATION DISEASE (diagnosed in 2017) which has become worse over time. I have multiple allergies and symptoms which are erratic and unpredictable in their effects. I suffer badly from tinnitus for example. I take two antihistamines a day and follow a low histamine diet. I have a healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. Can any more be done to help me?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: Several years. No colds or flu recently.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

How old are you?

M/F?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
F. 80 yrs.old. I also have Notalgia Paresthetica. Only antihistamines, as mentioned.

These two conditions do not have very effective treatments even with the best that modern medicine can offer. :-(

If you want to make sure that no stone has been left unturned you could ask your GP to refer you to a large University Teaching hospital for a complete consult. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Dr. Rick. I agree totally with your answer. My GP didn't know about these two conditions and said basically it was up to me to find a consultant. These are very hard to find as there are so few in this field. However, I shall try the approach that you have suggested. Kind regards. June.