wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My daughter has a squint. She is almost 5 years old. Are

My daughter has a squint. She is almost 5 years old. Are there procedures available to correct it?

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

can you upload a picture?

Has she been evaluated by an ophthalmologist?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi. Many thanks for your response. I'll upload a photo following this message. We've struggled to get an appointment, I believe we are due to see one in 3 months time. I was curious in the interim to get some advice.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Photo now uploaded I believe.

based on the light reflex on her eyes her "squint" may just be due to how the skin folds between her nose and eye are formed. It is hard to be sure from just one photo....

That being said, in order to be sure what is going on, you need to get your daughter examined by either a general ophthalmologist or a pediatric ophthalmologist (NOT an optometrist, optician or other eye care person) to make sure she does not have esotropia (squint).

Do not put this off.....get in for an exam in the near future. This is very important.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS