wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am takin 10mg diazepam 3 times a day. Then 5mg 3 times a

hi I am takin 10mg diazepam 3 times a day. Then 5mg 3 times a day. for a week when I need it. usually once a month. It has now stopped working what do I do as I have extreme anxiety
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I have had anxiety for 20 years and have been taking diazepam on and off for 2 years
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I suffer from ic too which makes my anxiety worse

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

How long have you been using the diazepam?

Have you tried anything else?

How old are you?

M/F?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've Bern using it for 2 years on and of. usually when my anxiety is high. I usually take it for a week then come of it. At the moment I'm taking mirtazapine 30mg it is not helping my anxiety
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am a female 49

There are a number of other medications and therapies that can help with your anxiety. Without knowing you much better is difficult to say what will work better for you.
As such I suggest you speak to your prescribing doctor and see what she recommends.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS