DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

Practitioner but I am very obsessed person .sometimes I got

I am General practitioner but I am very obsessed person .sometimes I got prostatic congestion as I masturbate alot..on 14 and 15 June I got 2 sexual intercourse with my partner who is 50 years old.This was my First ever sexual intercourse .The first one was unprotected but only the glanspenis I think .The second one was with condom and full Penetration..I do not know my partner status..I just felt after doing the two times.That I have pain while urination and I need to rush to Toilet ...I always have those symptoms even before having sex as I believe I have prostatic congestion....I did routine urine analysis on 16 and 18 June and it was absolutely normal..my concern is ...I am currently taking antibiotic Augmentin 1 gm every 12 hours for 3 or 4 days before having sex( I was having chest infection) and while doing the urine analysis.Can the results be altered or even be false negative because I am taking those Antibiotics.I am too scared what should I do

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

No antibiotic course will not negate the urine test result if there is any infection there. The urine urgency may be relieved by taking pyridium analgestic.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what I am having now ??? Do I need to repeat urine test after stopping Antibiotic ???? When I need also to go for STI screening?

Aseptic urethritis like neurologic condition. Sensitive urethra or bladder. No need to rush for STI screen and wait few days after stopping antibiotic.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Why I got that aseptic urethritis??neurologic Condition??? Can you explain also why antibiotic Augmentin will not negative urine test if there is infection?????any chances that I got infection at the moment ..Do I need to repeat the routine urine not the STI screen I mean..can you answer pls those 4 questions

The nerve supply to urethra and bladder can develop hypersensitivity due to past infection. Remains till nerve regenerates. Antibiotic if ineffective in preventing fresh infection, will not be able to prevent cell count increase in urine sample - so will all the same be detectable as infection by resistant germ from urinalysis.

Daily repeat urine test and then couple of days after stopping antibiotic, STI screen may be done.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Should I do the urine Test Daily ?I do not understand that part ( will all the same be detectable as infection by resistant germ from urine analysis)
As regards ***** ***** I did not have past infection before ???any expectations what I am having now??
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am sorry I did not Get Fast response to my questions

Masturbation involves urethral injury by friction. Daily urine test for 3-4 days will detect intermittent pyuria. Resistance of germ is detectable by culture studies, and has to be done 2-3 times for intermittent bacteriuria.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But what I have seems to be infection or pelvic Congestion....Plus Augmentin can completely make my urine test free from pus cells , leucocytes esterae if I already have infection? Thanks

Augmentin can only make urine test free of white cells if it acts on urinary bacteria and eradicates them. Blood CRP will also help to detect infection anywhere.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How about Nitrites and pus cells and bacteria???I will attach my urine test

This is a very normal urine report. Only treatment now required is pyridium if there is pain on micturition. It will stain urine dark color.

The nitrites are absent, pus and red cells within normal limit. No bacteria present either.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no chances of hidden infection although I am using Antibiotic Augmentin

Yes antibiotic will not mask any active infection.

Pl rate positively and chat may continue even after that.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
May I know why antibiotic will not mask the infection???

The infection is reflected by white cells in urine. If antibiotic is effective, the cells will disappear and cure is there. Otherwise the cells persist in urine despite intake of ineffective antibiotic and hence culture may come positive and dr will change the antibiotic to effect cure.Antibiotic does not work directly on white cells so as to mask the infection while bacteria survive.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Doctor.I repeated my urine test 5 times.The last time was 22 days after my last sex exposure.the test is normal but with very low PH ..5...Symptoms of burning and urgency are on and off .Can I still have STD ?

No, not likely. The pH may change on taking alkaline mixture orally few days.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Doctor why I have that burning and pain on and off

There could be increased sensitivity of nerves of urinary passage lining cells, where acidic urine might cause pain. Please try alkaline syrup few weeks and see. Pyridium will help as urinary analgesic.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what are the chances of having STD

None if you have single partner and use protection.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did not use protection in one occasion but I mean based on Symptoms I an saying and the results o urine test ..do I have STD
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can also symptoms of STD wax and wane over a period of 4 weeks if untreated
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Yes the body immunity may fight any infection and symptoms can wax and wane. Best guide is bacteriologic lab test and blood antibody test.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I mean can the symptoms wax and wane ..like I feel good for 2 days and then I feel sick for 2 days ...although my routine urine analysis is normal ?

Urine culture test may repeated several times only during symptomatic period.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did those test yesterday 28 days after my Sexual contact .....HIV ..HBSAg HCV Ab VDRL TPHA Hsv iGG And IGM urine analysis and urine PCR for STDs .please check results .Do I need to repeat them and when ??Urine PCR when they can show positive results .I mean within how long

All the reports as expected are within normal limits, ruling out any risk of infection in urinary passages.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When the Urine PCR starts to show positive results if there is infection? And when I need to repeat the tests?

Immediately there is no latent period here. No need whatsoever to repeat any of these tests.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How about the latent period for TPHA and HSV 2 IGM ???Already 28 days pass now

Just a week at the most.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
nothing to be repeated at all

Yes, end of story.