Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I had unprotected sex a day before my period started and now

I had unprotected sex a day before my period started and now a week after my period, I am experiencing really bad fatigue, hungry all the time, weird taste in my mouth, mood swings, heightened sense of smell
Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I've been having little bit of cramps, but my last period seemed normal but was very short only 4 days
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had a miscarriage, in March

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

What is your question regarding this? How old are you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My question is, although I had unprotected sex a day before my period was due and I still came on my period would I still be able to get pregnant. I am 26 years old

Dear customer,

The day before the period was due is considered to be a safe day to have even unprotected sex since you will ovulate only after 14 days and the sperm cannot survive for more than 5 days. So, it is not possible for this to cause pregnancy. Also, you had a period and this rules out pregnancy. So, if you have regular cycles you can 100% safely relax and there is no way for you to get pregnant because of this incident of unprotected sex.

Does this make sense to you? Please reply.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you

You are very welcome!
Thank you very much!!