Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I need to speak to a health care professional please

Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No and levothyroxine and mitazipine
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Would you like me to call you? What is your question about?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, I have an underactive thyroid and anxiety and depression, I take 150mcg of levothyroxine and 30mg of mitazipine, Iv just taken my medication and I took an old medication as well 50mg of sertraline, is it dangerous to take mitazipine and sertraline together?

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know. Regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have anxiety, I can’t talk on the phone

Ok no problem.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My heart rate is faster since taking the 30mg of mitazipine and sertraline together

What exactly is your heart rate and have you taken them together recently now or you have been taking them together for quite some time?

Do you have confusion, hallucination, shaking, etc?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just started taking them together tonight and at first it was at 101, now it’s gone back down to 90
My blood pressure is 98/72 at the moment, no shaking or hallucinations but I hear voices anyway as silly as it sounds I’m waiting to see my GP about the voices

Thank you for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes, it is dangerous to take them together as it can result in serotonin syndrome. This doesn't occur after taking them once. This occurs in people who take these drugs together for a longer time. So just relax, your symptoms are not due to serotonin syndrome. They are due to anxiety. Just try to relax and go to sleep. Avoid taking them together in the future. If symptoms persist, see your doctor but there is no need to panic. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards