DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I have problems with my little toenails. They started to

Hi,I have problems with my little toenails. They started to become thicker long time ago but they are now hard to trim. I also feel mild pain for a short period of time. Do you think it is a fungal infection? I also suffer from psoriasis.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Yes infection is there as skin is also swollen and red. Could be due to shoes if you wear pointed ones. Please get a scrapping tested in lab for fungus and treatment will be long if found positive.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How can I stop it spreading to others? I have 2 children and didn’t really do much to prevent spreading it as I didn’t know it would be a fungal infection at first.

Pl start using clotrimazole cream right away. It will curb spread to others.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Dr. Vasavada.