Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

How can I delay my period for the week without any major

How can I delay my period for the week without any major side effects?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: my periods are regular and im supposed to get it in around 5 days although I have an event and would really like to delay it for the week
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have PCOS but my period is mostly regular it effects my testosterone and acne more than my flow

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30years of experience.

Norethisterone is a prescription-only pill which can be used to delay your period.

Norethisterone contains the hormone progesterone. By artificially keeping your natural progesterone levels up, it stops the lining of your womb from shedding and delays your period.

Usually prescribed 5mg TDS 3-4 days before periods are supposed to come till the time you want to delay periods.This medication can be used to delay your period by up to 17 days.Norethisterone is safe for most women to use on an occasional basis

You should consult your primary care physician.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello Dr. Thank you for your reply. I will look for the pill in my local pharmacy although I don't remember ever hearing about Norethisterone being provided in my country (Jordan). I have researched online that there are some natural ways like drinking apple cider vinegar and other foods that would help delay it although I was very skeptical and thought I would ask you about it. Are they effective or is it all talk?

You can try Oral Natural Micronized Progesterone 200 mg.

It is usually available OTC pharmacy.

Usually, it is taken at night time for 10days.

The Natural Progesterone shows the same chemical structure as that of physiological progesterone found in the human body.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What are the short term and long term side effects and is it okay if I only take this dose once?

Safe for occasional use.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
okay thank you so much Dr !