wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am getting increasingly fatigued and breatlhless, but

I am getting increasingly fatigued and breatlhless, but after blood tests and an echocardiogram my GP says my heart is fine. I am 83, hr 64, oxygen 92, should i seek another opinion, or is it ‘just’ old age suddenly catching up with me?
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: My daughter recently had a heart valve replacement, my mother died of heart failure- but she was 94.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am hypothyroid, and although not diabetic regarded as ‘prediabetic’

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

How long ago did your GP evaluate you?

What do you mean by breathless? At rest? After climbing one flight of steps? etc.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Short of breath on any exertion. I am hypothyroid. I take Ramipril, betablockers, and thyroxine. I have a Right bundle branch block, and uneven heart beat.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I saw my GP today

I am glad to hear that your heart is fine and, I assume your physical exam was good.....did your GP discuss any further consults for your shortness of breath on exertion? An imaging study of your chest , a pulmonary consult, etc?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
He says he will refer me to a ‘specialist physician’. I have little faith in this, I have never heard of such a person.

He probably just hasn't figured out which specialist he is going to send you to......

I would give him a call and ask if he has referred you yet and to what type of specialist.

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS