Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My daughter has recurrent UTI's, is age 6 years old. urine

my daughter has recurrent UTI's, is age 6 years old. urine samples keep showing high protein and leotyctes, could It be something else. she has back pain, tummy pain, thirsty all the time and sleepy
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: no, worse at night time
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
here is a urine dipstick. shes on her second lots of anti-biotics, has been unwell for some time before the urine infections with tummy ache

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, she should be tested for diabetes, type 1

and she should be tested for nephritis inflammation of the kidneys

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I myself am type 1 diabetes and I have been testing her blood sugars but it keeps appearing normal. the doctor keeps throwing me off saying it isn't genetic however type 1 was my suspicion
they haven't done any blood tests or any other checks, they have just gone off the urine sample I have provided staying it is another urine infection

her urine doesn't show glucose

but she should have blood testing to check for diabetes.

which could be causing her thirst and inflammation of her kidneys

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok i will request for a blood test. her current blood suagr levels are 6.9 on a finger prick

she needs fasting AM glucose levels

and a hemoglobin a1c level

she may need a glucose challenge test as well.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping after Positive Feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com