Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Is this a real doctor? this is a bot isn't it, I'm very

Hello is this a real doctor?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: this is a bot isn't it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm very confused as to how this works I would like to speak to an actual human please

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
What's your question please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi just to clarify this is a real person I'm talking to isn't it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
like this isn't a bot at this point?

I'm real--that was a bot you were speaking to before

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello, to explain my situation I've been really tired for 5 days straight now and I have no idea why
I'm not sure if it's as simple as fatigue or if it's something more like a lack or iron/vitamins or maybe even an inactive Thyroid, I've tried booking in to get a blood test done but that may take 2-3 weeks to get done hence why I'm on here in the meantime just to see what advice I can get

I see

Can you tell me more--fatigue is a bit vague?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
well that's honestly the only symptom I can notice, it's just from Saturday afternoon I've felt so tired, it's a long consistent tiredness like you've just gotten out of bed or like you didn't get enough sleep
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm quite an anxious person so I've looked up every possible thing under the sun it could be

Dr Google can scare the Dickens out of people

Has this ever happened before?

Any fever?

Shortness of breath?

Recent weight change?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no none of that, I understand that reading a lot online can be a bad thing because most people will just believe that the worst possible thing will be the thing they have and I've been prone to that myself at times, I've read that those are symptoms of both diabeties and a thyroid problem but honestly the only symptom I have is just a consistent heavy tiredness, it's making me a bit slow but that's just because I'm of course tired, it's also never happened before and apart from working out a little more (literally 15 minute work-outs or less in the evening) and a small change of diet to be a bit healthier there's been no change in "me" if that makes sense

The first thing that strikes me is that this came on so suddenly and it's never happened before

Anemia, low thyroid, low cortisol levels--all of which can cause fatigue--tend to come on gradually

Doesn't sound like a heart condition from what you've told me either

What's left are two things--possibly depression or possibly a sleep problem like sleep apnea

And it's also possible this will be gone in the next few days

If I were your doctor I'd run blood tests, get an EKG and of course do a complete physical and I think you still need all that

But--bottom line here--this doesn't strike me as anything too serious

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is there anything to be worried about sir?
Could there be any more information that I could give you for you to make a diagnosis or anything that would cause something like this to come on so suddenly?

I don't see anything to worry about and I don't consider this an urgent situation

Do you have any other symptoms of any kind?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have been feeling down the past few days as well, I don't know if it's depression or it's just me being down from being exhausted

Well again--most causes would come on gradually--you don't just suddenly become significantly anemic or low thyroid or low cortisol or diabetic

If you have no shortness of breath or chest pain then I don't see it as cardiac

It could just be exhaustion from stress

But again as a doctor I wouldn't consider this a serious situation

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How would I know if I was depressed doctor? I've been down mentally but I'm not sure if that directly means im depressed

I can't say for sure it's depression--usually that would also include sadness, anxiety, lack of motivation

I'm just putting out there as one possible cause for your situation

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
well I have had all those since this tiredness has come on, I've been down for a little while as I said so do you think it could have been some kind of gradual build up

Yes--depression also doesn't usually just suddenly happen--it builds up over time

But again I don't see any of this as some urgent or serious physical problem

Please remember to rate my service to you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you doctor
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
am I free to message back here again?

Yes--this page will stay open after you rate my service and I'll be happy to continue with you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks you very much sir

My pleasure