Cosmetic Doctor
Cosmetic Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Has been serving the Beverly Hills community for over 10 years.
21747962

I have just had a operation today and I had a tube placed

Hi I have just had a operation today and I had a tube placed down my throat! After it was removed I have a sore throat but since being home I feel like something is stuck in my throat when I cough it moved but I can’t swallow it! I just looked with a light and I have something white right at the back of my throat in the centre behind my tonsils even - is this bad? How do I remove this? What should I do?
Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: Since coming home from op tonight! No fever
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

How old are you please? What type of surgery? Any difficulty breathing or eating or drinking? Thanks

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I’m 31.... I had a laparoscopy for a ovarian cyst! No difficulty breathing..... sore throat when eating but no problem drinking
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I could send a photo?

Well, as you probably know, the sore throat and feeling something "stuck" in your throat is very common (up to 50% of time) following intubation. But I can't be sure about the white spot without an examination. Thanks

Yes, maybe a photo would help. Thanks

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
The white is right at the back even behind my uvula .... not sure if pic is good enough

Thanks for the pic. It's hard to say from the pic, but it could just be a small area of irritation from the intubation as well. If your symptoms don't worsen, you can just observe it over the next couple of days to see if it's healing/improving. Thanks

Customer: replied 25 days ago.

You're welcome and please give me a 5 star rating if satisfied. Thanks and Good Luck.