How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrVasavada Your Own Question
DrVasavada, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4087
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrVasavada is online now

Are there any drops I can buy to numb my eye. I have a

This answer was rated:

Are there any drops I can buy to numb my eye. I have a blocked gland and there are 2 lumps in my eye but it feels like glass is in there... I just need to numb it
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is this something that I can ask?

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

It is dangerous to use numbing drops as damage is likely from corneal foreign body which may perforate cornea without any warning, so better consult an ophthalmologist.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I called the eye hospital and they said in a few weeks it will go away...

Then you may use drops like lignocaine with hydrocortisone only at bedtime once.

DrVasavada and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you