DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

Will a fortnight course of Prednisone affect a blood test of

Will a fortnight course of Prednisone affect a blood test of the following:
Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Prothrombin Time
INR
APTT
DRVVT Test
Anticardiolipin ab's IgG
Anticardiolipin ab's IgMBeta-2-glycoprot 1 Abs: IgG
Beta-2-glycoprot 1 Abs: IgM
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I also have have hashimotos but I'm euthyroid
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's been a high dose, initially 60mg a day, tapering down over the two weeks. I took it for sudden hearing loss.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Yes except first four, other tests involving igM, G will be affected as prednisolone use will depress immunity in general and antibodies level in blood will go down. However this will slowly recover few days to weeks from tapering the dose and stopping the drug so if couple of weeks have passed, the levels should show up as before and reading will be trustworthy.