Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I’m in Croatia at the minute and I’ve been out in the sun

Customer Question

Hello, I’m in Croatia at the minute and I’ve been out in the sun for the last few days and got really bad sun burn on my face and it’s now all swelled up. It started yesterday and it’s got worse today ans I’m not sure what to do? Please can you help. Thanks Georgia
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: I’ve got blisters on my nose that have popped ans are now scabbing over
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing!
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 months ago.
Hi. Place a cold damp towel on your face every couple of hours for ten minutes. Take ibuprofen 400 to 600 mg every 6 hours. That reduces the pain and swelling. Apply a moisturizer that contains aloe Vera. That can be bought at a pharmacy.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 months ago.
drink plenty of water
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 months ago.
Any questions?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 months ago.
I’ve answered your question. Please rate my answers with the stars on your screen so I receive feedback and credit. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 months ago.
Reminder to rate my answers with the stars on your screen.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 months ago.
How are you doing? Any better?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 months ago.
How did you do with your sunburn?