How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 54880
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

How must Ieave a p[ersistent cough before consulting a

Customer Question

how long must Ieave a p[ersistent cough before consulting a doctor....
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: It started off as hayfever four weeks ago..then went to my sinus...symtoms at first sore eyes.....sneezing ...sore sinus.....took antihistamines....saline nasal spray paracetamol....nothing worked the last two weeks I have been coughing ...and some now coughing up green stuff and have broken sleep...also am coughing at night and in the day ….if feels like my tube in my chest is irritated....
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a history of hayfever which started in my 40s....I am now 72...each year the hayfever season seems to extend,,,,but this is the worse I have ever been....there is a history of allergies in my mum developed asthma in her 70s and my brother suffered from being a young boy with hayfever...then he developed an allergy to metal ie beltbuckles ..pound coins...his skin would blister...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Any fever with this or chest pain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
rib ache from coughing
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Well at this point it's beyond allergies

You may either have a sinus infection with post nasal drip or bronchitis

Those could just be viral and run their course in time but it's time to have a doctor check this out to see if you might need a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't prefer....just type me answer please
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

The phone call offer was automated and not from me and you don't have to accept it

But did you get my answer?