Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

How must Ieave a p[ersistent cough before consulting a

Customer Question

how long must Ieave a p[ersistent cough before consulting a doctor....
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: It started off as hayfever four weeks ago..then went to my sinus...symtoms at first sore eyes.....sneezing ...sore sinus.....took antihistamines....saline nasal spray paracetamol....nothing worked ...in the last two weeks I have been coughing ...and some sneezing...am now coughing up green stuff and have broken sleep...also am coughing at night and in the day ….if feels like my tube in my chest is irritated....
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a history of hayfever which started in my 40s....I am now 72...each year the hayfever season seems to extend,,,,but this is the worse I have ever been....there is a history of allergies in my family....my mum developed asthma in her 70s and my brother suffered from being a young boy with hayfever...then he developed an allergy to metal ie beltbuckles ..pound coins...his skin would blister...
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Any fever with this or chest pain?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
rib ache from coughing
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.

Well at this point it's beyond allergies

You may either have a sinus infection with post nasal drip or bronchitis

Those could just be viral and run their course in time but it's time to have a doctor check this out to see if you might need a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't prefer....just type me answer please
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 months ago.

The phone call offer was automated and not from me and you don't have to accept it

But did you get my answer?