How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrVasavada Your Own Question
DrVasavada, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4086
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrVasavada is online now

Basically I’m 15 and I have a large skin bridge on my penis,

This answer was rated:

Basically I’m 15 and I have a large skin bridge on my penis, I am not circumcised, is there anything I can do to correct this?
Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: What does that mean
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

This could be due to a ligament to hold the organ, nothing needs to be done.

DrVasavada and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don’t think it’s normal though, I don’t like the look of it, will it go away on its own? Or do I need to do something?

Where exactly is the skin fold? If near root of penis at pubic region, or below the glans penis attached to prepuce, management will differ.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Below glans, completely attached to the foreskin on the left hand side

This is called frenulum. Harmless if left alone, does not come in way. If you are uncircumcised, your frenulum should be intact and remain that way even after having sex.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it’s not the frenulum, the frenulum is a small flap of skin right under the glans. This is a huge skin bridge, probably around 2 to 3 cm large, attaching head of penis to left side of foreskin.

Pl. see a surgeon for this. Can you upload a pic? Could be an adhesion of prepuce with glans, can be separated by blunt dissecton.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don’t want to upload a pic, but I believe it is exactly that, an adhesion of prepuce with glans. What should I do?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I’d rather not have surgery, is there any type of cream you could recommend?

Try blunt separation with a glass rod using hydrocortisone cream repeatedly few days and see. Might bruise a little but that will heal, continue some vaseline application to prevent recurrence.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Would I need to see a doctor or possibly a surgeon for this? Or can I some how do it from home?

Can do yourself at home. Use blunt tip glass or steel rod. Hydrocortisone will loosen scar tissue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where can I find a blunt rod and some hydrocortisone cream?

Make-up kits have such rod. Hydrocortisone skin cream available at pharmacy.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also I just can’t see how this would work, as there is skin completely attached to glans
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Surely it would be extremely painful

Only if there are thick adhesions, will need scissors, slender bridge of tissue will not be very painful and might just bruise little, with little blood.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I know if I have a thick or slender adhesion?

Pull back the foreskin and feel - stretch as far as possible and then some more. No harm will be there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think it’s thick as around 3 to 4 cm is completely attached to skin on left side. There is almost like a small tunnel under the adhesion do I just poke the rod in there and effectively rip the skin and then apply this cream?

Yes that could be it. Use an anesthetic containing cream to deaden skin there half hour ahead.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do I use a rod or scissors?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hydrocortisone cream or an anesthetic cream?

Scissor use only advisable by surgeon. May try rod. Both creams can be used together or some time apart, anesthetic one only before any procedure or stretching.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How would I use a rod to disconnect the skin?
Press gently at glans end of fold to sever.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there any other cream I could use as I will struggle to get hold of the suggested ones?
Xylocaine or plain Vaseline also ok
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ive managed to separate some of it, However there is still a lot attached which seems to be quite thick and very sore at the moment

Use antiseptic like neomycin cream. And continue with hydrocortisone. It will gradually soften scar tissue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.