How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Anil Kumar Your Own Question
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 14106
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Anil Kumar is online now

I am a teenage boy and I believe I may have a Micropenis.

This answer was rated:

Hi I am a teenage boy and I believe I may have a Micropenis. What should I do?
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not seen a doctor yet
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

What is your size of the penis while erect?

Any issues with erection and ejaculation?

Did you develop secondary male characters?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 17 and When I am erect I am roughly just under 5 inches also when I am erect me penis curves upwards which concerns me a bit

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply you back soon after reviewing it.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well, On average, puberty ends between the ages of 16 and 18. If you started puberty at a later age, you may still be growing and changing into your early 20s. That growth also includes your penis.

A penis is considered abnormally small only if it measures less than 3 inches during erection, this is called a micropenis.

You may also notice that many companies offer many different types of nonsurgical penis-enlargement treatments, but there is no scientific research on any pills or any penis enlargement device. These are not approved by the FDA.

I would say, that you should not worry about the size of your penis, it just doesn't matter.
Also, there is a surgery to lengthen the penis. It is called Phalloplasty. It does work, but it is quite expensive.

The other ways known are jelqing/clamping/stretching/hanging. Stretching consists of attaching a penis stretcher device to the penis for set periods of time. The device exerts a constant traction on the penis, which, in theory, lengthens and widens the penis. The traction supposedly causes the cells in the penis to "split" and then reform and expand. Weight hanging consists of attaching a device (usually a rope or a strap) that grips the glans or just behind the glans and allows a weight to be suspended for a specific amount of time. Then a conscious effort is made to exercise the penis by raising the weight in repetitions (lasting no more than 5 to 10 minutes at a time) starting with the smallest and lightest weight 1/16 pound to the heaviest usually 1/4 pound or more, to increase the strength and stamina as well as elongation of the penis.

Risks including nerve damage / trauma / scarring / impotence / erectile dysfunction are to be considered.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you recommend any of the non-surgical ways to improve length ?

At your age, your penis size is considered normal.

And I wouldn't recommend any non-surgical method without a clinical examination.

I would advise doing stretching exercises, physical activities and improve your nutritious diet and protein intake.

And see a urologist in person.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Dr Anil Kumar and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you