Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

My sister just had a laryngoscopy under general anesthesia

Hello my sister just had a laryngoscopy under general anesthesia and she had really bad ear pain and sore throat is this normal?

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

These are possible side effects due to intubation for general anesthesia and also due to laryngoscopy. These are transient side effects and can last for a day or two. As long as she does not have a fever then this is not worrisome and you can safely relax. For the pain, she can take a pain-relieving medication such as Paracetamol. If the pain is still severe even after taking medication then she should have an ear examination to look for a possible infection.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions. I would be happy to assist you further if you need any further information. Please use reply to let me know.

Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).

It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay thank you she now has to wait 2 weeks for her appointment is this a long time

You are very welcome!!

No, this is the expected duration of waiting time in many locations to get the report of the biopsy.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just worried it might spread more also they said they couldn't get it it out today because was difficult it wasn't small enough.
I understand. Let us now wait for the biopsy report to actually know what it is.Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks a lot

You are very welcome!
Thank you very much!!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
One question sorry if she has a swollen lymph node can it still be a benign lump?

Yes, it can still be possibly benign. So, you can still hope for the best.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
there taking long time to reply to i just need to know if i should go a&e i cant keep anything down and upper back pain

Thank you for your reply.

Kindly start a new thread, so all the experts get a chance to read your question.