Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

My daughter is being treated for an infection with

my daughter is being treated for an infection with antibiotics we are checking her temperature at regular interviews and it reads 34.9 -34.8-34.5-33.4-35.1 underarm 34.3 -33.7- 35.2-33.6-34.3-35.1 tongue and she feels cold now and again should i be doing something is this a problem ?
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: she gets hot sweats
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nothing i can think of

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

May I ask some quick questions to help me give you the best answer today:

- How old is she?

- Is she normally fit and well?

- What infection is being treated?

- What antibiotics are being used and when were they started?

- How is she otherwise (alertness, activity, appetite etc)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
14 years she been unwell for 2 weeks was treated with amoxicillin for an infection which help her temperature but failed to clear the infection now she's started a new course of antibiotics clarithromycin which she started yesterday she gets dizzy if she move around quick and and gets headache she off of her normal food intake but her weight is the same
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What about her temperature levels is this normal

It sounds as if she has been treated with appropriate antibiotics.

However, the temperature readings do seem rather low on occasion and this can happen when the infection is still active (just as the temperature can go high with a fever too). If she is still feeling very poorly with dizziness, headache, poor appetite etc. then I think it would be perfectly justified to seek a further review with her GP (ask for an urgent/same-day appointment).