Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Dh Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What

Customer Question

Dh
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Sh Tjrj
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Ruruudud
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm 16 and have phimosis but my foreskin is still connected to my glans is there a problem
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 5 months ago.

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 5 months ago.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 5 months ago.

May I ask if this is causing any specific problems for you (difficulty urinating, irritation, infection, pain etc)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nope no pain or anything the foreskin is just still attached to the head of the penis
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 5 months ago.

Approximately how far can you retract the foreskin?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well I have phimosismaking difficult so when it's flaccid I can pull half way along my forsskin and when it's erect only a quarter along my foreskin
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 5 months ago.

If it is not bothering you, then there is no compulsion to have any treatment at all. However, should it start to cause any symptoms then there are several ways to manage it. Initially regular application of a steroid cream can help to loosen the foreskin/phimosis. Otherwise a Urologist can do different types of (minor) surgical procedures to treat it.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 5 months ago.

Does this help?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
will it detach with time or is it permanently attached
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Idc about the phimosis
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 5 months ago.

There is still a pretty good chance that it will detach naturally over the next 2-3 years. If not, then the above measures can be considered.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 5 months ago.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 5 months ago.

Just a courtesy follow up as I didn’t hear back from you.

Did this answer your question?