Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I had upper respiratory tract infection on around 10 of June

Hello Doc
I had upper respiratory tract infection on around 10 of June and I was coughing with fever.I took antibiotic for 7 days and then I improved ...While being Sick and having treatment I went for unprotected sex on 14 of June with my partner and on 15 June but it was protected sex.I was scared as this was my first sex and feel burning while urinating and rush to toilet.I got confused as I always have pelvic congestion as I masterbates alot in General .I did 3 times urine analysis while taking augmentin.It came negative and I repeated it 5 days after stopping Augmentin and it was negative again..on Last Thursday I went for Morocan bath and I got undressed but I did not do any real sex ..few days later 《 I mean since Sunday) I get another flu with fever ,putting into consideration that I was initially sick on june before sex and I assumed I got the flu because I was naked in morocan bath on 10 June ( You know from very hot room while naked to outside) Can be the flu I am having now a symptom of STD?
I am scared
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I get a quick response

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

I completely understand. This can be scary. However, you should realize that flu is non-specific and does not indicate an STD. It can due to a harmless infection. You can safely relax as long as you don't have genital symptoms such as genital skin lesions like many blisters or ulcers which are very painful or severe pain while passing urine or discharge from the penis. So, I don't think that your symptoms of flu are due to an STD and you should not worry about this.

Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).

It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No Blisters.No discharge from penis.I was having burning while micturition and some suprapubic pain ..but I took one diclofenac Tab and Herbal treatment for prostate and I improved ...Actually I improved after having sex but what happened when I went to bath on Thursday I went for one hand Job and I masterbated twice so I got the same congestion again .Does the disappearance of that burning is good sign or it could be sign of hidden STd

Dear customer,

I completely understand. The resolution of the burning is a very good sign and this means that this was not due to an infection. You can safely relax now.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But why it is mentioned in literature that STDS can appear only as Flu symptoms ?

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

No, it is mentioned that flu symptoms may appear along with specific symptoms.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did not get you ?

Flu symptoms are nonspecific and can occur with almost every infection. So, nothing can be diagnosed or ruled out because of these symptoms. Only specific symptoms help us in diagnosis. So, you can safely ignore these flu symptoms.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They said that sore throat can be a symptom of Chylamidia but I did not give oral sex I just receive one?

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

If you received oral sex then sore throat is not due to chlamydia.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

You are very welcome!
Thank you very much!!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Does the Symptoms of STD on and off ????I mean does the painful urination and frequency is on and off if It is not treated initially ?

Thank you for your reply and the new question.

No, these symptoms of an STD are not intermittent but occur every day and will increase in severity every day.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
intermittent Burning and frequency and perennial pian does not coincide with STD ..I repeated urine analysis 5 times .the last time was 22 days after exposure. .It was negative although I had sever burning ..only my urine PH was 5 ...¡¡¡¡¡¡

No, these intermittent symptoms are not due to an STD.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

You are very welcome!
Thank you very much!!